Apply: Media Intern
SUNY Online Teaching/SUNY Albany CDIT ID Internship Program
SUNY Online Teaching Media Intern
Application for this internship program requires:
- A resume.
- A goals and expectations statement for the internship.
- An interview with the SUNY Online Teaching team.
The SUNY Online Teaching unit is looking for an intern to assist with a number of projects. The intern who fills this position can expect to gain experience and skills in managing, maintaining and optimizing online and social media content on various platforms, and in supporting our online teaching community events, activities, and initiatives.
It’s essential that applicants for this position have excellent English communication skills, demonstrate independence and creativity in a team environment, and understand the importance of attending to details.
This is a paid internship and we will consider graduate students and exceptional undergraduate students.
- Participate in SUNY Online Teaching team meetings.
- Participate in SUNY Online meetings, events, activities.
- SUNY Online YouTube video project.
- Review of the SUNY Online YouTube channel videos and playlists.
- Confirm/update video titles, descriptions, links, tags, licenses.
- Assist in getting videos closed-captioned.
- Assist in getting new videos posted, captioned, and documented correctly/consistently.
- In collaboration with the Community team:
- Some assistance with social media to promote events, resources, and sharing.
- Participation in SUNY Online Teaching webinar planning and facilitation.
- Assistance with SUNY Online Fellow activities:
- Fellow Chat planning and facilitation for fall.
- Online Teaching Ambassador program – webpage profile set-up.
- Mentor, Reviewer, Observation Course – webpage updates and set up.
- Contribute to the review and updating of Online Teaching web pages.
- Assist with the badging activities.
Students applying for this internship must have strong communication skills and should be majoring in Communications, or Education with strong social media and educational technology skills. Applicants should also have strong writing skills, as well as a solid understanding of social media. Only interns proficient with YouTube channel and video management (including familiarity with video optimization and the closed captioning process), WordPress, and the Google Drive Suite should apply.
Experience or interest in developing skills in platforms such as: ClaritySoft (CRM), Credly (badging), Zoom (or other webinar software and facilitation), Blackboard Learn (LMS), and Facebook (for work) a plus.
Familiarity with social media for professional and academic purposes, and skills in a variety of web applications preferred.
Communications, Education with a strong interest in instructional technology.