Welcome to the SUNY Online Teaching Community of Online Practitioners!
SUNY Online has a long history of developing, mentoring, supporting, and collaborating with SUNY online instructional designers and directors of online education. SUNY Online Teaching aims provide you with the effective models, research-based practices, support, resources, and services that you need for your unique professional needs, and campus online teaching and learning context.
We are better together. We all benefit from the expertise of our rich and diverse SUNY community of online practitioners in a peer-to-peer network, allowing online practitioners to share what they know within the SUNY-wide community, network and connect with those outside the SUNY system, and create better visibility among peers with shared interests across the system.
SUNY Online facilitates and provides a platform for online networking for community members, opportunities for recognition for you, your campus and your online faculty, engagement in a variety of activities and professional development events, resources, scripts, agendas, templates, rubrics, and other materials relevant to online course quality, online faculty development and support, online effective practices, etc.
Here are some samples of our resources and activities:
- The SUNY Online Teaching Fellows program to recognize your role in the community of online practitioners and facilitate communications targeted to your interests.
- Monthly Fellow chats featuring SUNY Online Teaching Fellows and their work.
- Participation in the online networking community of online practitioners.
- Monthly Online Teaching Gazette.
- Access to the Online Teaching website – a central access point to the SUNY Online Teaching unit.
- Annual Effective Practices Award Program.
- Professional Development opportunities.
- Access to OSCQR, the SUNY Online Course Quality Review Rubric.
- Access to historical SUNY-wide research and data collection to inform best practices and quality online teaching.
- The annual SUNY Online Summit.
The SUNY Online Teaching Team