Using Social Media for Professional Development
Using the Medium Effectively
Knowing how to effectively use social media is a desired skill set for those who work in online education.
Using social media tools one can:
- Build an online identity that has credibility & presence.
- Leverage the social web for academic and professional purposes.
- Engage in online social networking for professional development purposes.
- Contribute to the online discourse in your field.
- Publish original works.
- Connect and network with experts in the field.
- Keep up-to-date on changes in technology and what is known about how to use it well for instructional purposes.
- Keep current on research regarding how people can teach and learn well online.
- Develop and participate in an online community of practice for those who share an interest in online and technology enhanced instruction.
- Learn to navigate the social web safely, so that one can guide/mentor others (students and peers).
- Complete Guide to Twitter Hashtags
- Top 20 hashtags in Education
- The Best 100 Education Hashtags
- 53 hashtags for academia
- Facebook Groups for Educatiors
- 12 ways to use social media for education
- Using Facebook to enrich the online classroom
- Social Media for Learning
- The ultimate guide to easily make instructional videos
- Professors on Tiktok
- Online Learning on Pinterest
- Pinterest for Education
- Instagram in the Higher Ed classroom
- Using Youtube to enhance learner engagement
- Youtube in the Classroom
- How to use Youtube in the classroom: a guide