Module 2: Competencies
This module focuses on the skills, proficiencies, and approaches that are central to teaching online courses that promote learner success and engagement.
Our goals here are to give you the opportunity to explore core competencies, get a taste for the types of tools and technologies that are involved, and build a learning network to support you while you determine if online teaching is right for you.
Upon completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Define core competencies related to online teaching and learning.
- Develop a mindful approach to teaching online.
- Differentiate between tools, technologies, and delivery methods.
- Locate your learning network and additional support resources.
THINGS TO DO AND REVIEW
- Join the SUNY Online Teaching networking community.
- Review the list of Experienced Online Faculty willing to mentor new online faculty.
- Review core skills for online teaching success.
- Learn more about mindful teaching approaches.
- Download the “10 Tips for Teaching Online ” mini infographic poster.
- Discover the range of tools and technologies used to teach online.
- Begin to develop your own personal learning network.
- Check your knowledge by taking the Module 2: Check Your Understanding quiz.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
In the online discussions for this module, we will explore online teaching approaches that foster learner success and engagement in online classes. Join the conversation here: https://onlineteaching.open.suny.edu/group/interested.
How to join the conversation.