Learning is a social experience, and we encourage you to connect to other SUNY Online Teaching community members to share your experiences and insight. Participating in these discussion forum conversations will connect you with other faculty who are thinking about teaching online, as well as faculty who have extensive experience designing and teaching online courses.
Share your voice and engage in the conversation!
Consider sharing your responses to these questions:
- What are some assumptions you have about online teaching?
- What is the biggest challenge you anticipate you will have teaching your course/discipline online?
- What is the biggest challenge you anticipate your students will have in your online course?
To participate in the SUNY Online Teaching Community discussion forums, you need to first sign up and join the community. Follow these steps:
- In a web browser, navigate to https://onlineteaching.open.suny.edu/group/interested
- Click on the link to Sign Up, in the upper right corner.
- Enter your contact information and click on the link to Sign Up.
- Check your email for further instructions.
You can also join the conversation on social media, using #teachingonline.