Learn how to browse and download free music and other audio files to use in your own media project.
1. Go to YouTube.com.
2. Log in using your gmail account.
3. On the left hand corner of the home page, click on “My Channel.”
4. Click on “Video Manager.”
5. On the left hand corner you will see a tab titled “Creator Studio.” Go to the bottom of that tab and click “Create.”
6. The Audio Library will then appear on the page. A large amount of free Creative Commons music and sound effects are freely available for everyone to use. You can use any of these free audio files in your own creative project. On some of the files, you will see a symbol of a person. This symbol indicates that the original creator of this file requests that you credit them at the end of your video, if you use their content in your work.
7. Once you’ve selected the audio you would like to use, click the download symbol (the arrow at the far right). When you download an audio file from this list, it will be downloaded to your iTunes for your convenience. You can easily import iTune files into various editing software.
Here are links to a few other websites that also allow you to download Creative Commons audio:
freesound.org (for free sound effects)