COMMUNITY PHOTO ESSAY PROJECT:
Using a digital camera or mobile phone camera, create a photo essay using the guidelines outlined by the CAPTURE tutorials on the Open Media Lab website.
You must submit ten photos to be critiqued by the class.
Create a profile of a community. Community can mean a neighborhood or specific place where people live or can mean a specific group of people (members of a religious community, political or social movement ie. Libertarians, Black Lives Matter activists, a modern dance dance troupe, transgender bike gang)
- Take MANY pictures. Edit your photos down into 10 photos that tell a story about the community you have chosen to profile (beware choosing 2 or more photos that are too similar)
- You must use a variety of camera angles (wide, medium, close up)
- Capture the “human element” – take pictures of people in action
- ALL PHOTOS MUST BE ORIGINAL AND CREATED SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT
- All photos must include “idents” (For people – name, age, title. Otherwise, indicate the place or a short description of the subject matter.)
Presenting your photos:
You will present ten photos to be critiqued by the class. Use Utellstory to create a photo slideshow with “indents”