Planning in Advance
Things to think about when preparing to teach online:
Thinking about these questions in advance will help you plan in advance.
- How will you get help if you need it?
- What will you do if your hardware malfunctions?
- Do you have a back-up copy of your course?
- Will your course be backed up regularly during the delivery phase?
- What will you do if your software malfunctions?
- What will you do if the network is down?
- How will your students enroll and get course access?
- When will your course be available to your students?
- What are the start and end dates for your course?
- What is the census date for your course?
- What are your institutional, or departmental policies regarding online courses?
- How will you respond to students that contact you with technology questions?
- How will students get help if they need it?
- What will you do about students that start late?
- Is cross-platform compatibility an issue for activities in your online course?
- How will you accommodate students with disabilities or special needs?
- How will you deal with students who do not complete the course within the allotted time frame (incompletes/extensions)?